Pages

Saturday 5 October 2013

Baby Food : Avocado

Introduced avocado as one of Baby J's first food when he was 6 months old. This is the easiest and quickest  baby food I can prepare. Nutrition value, read here

Normally i will buy avocado from wet market. It cost RM 3.50 - RM 4.50 for a fruit.

Initially, I do not know how to identify a ripe avocado. At what kind of ripenss best for consumption. I depended on the seller by telling him when I want to feed my boy. He was trust worthy enough to pick the right ones for me. If the avocado is not ripe enough, it will be very hard. But if it's over ripe, they smell and taste rancid. The best time to consume is when you lightly press the skin, it's soft and the fruit still firm. Color indication may not be as accurate.

I still remember what my father said to me when i rejected eating avocado. Yea.. i never like avocado.

BUT now, i love them so much. Baby J actually got me into eating avocado. Each feeding, i got a fair share from my boy. I am more than willing to finish his avocado!!!  >_<

Baby J can eat about 1/4 of the fruit during his 6th & 7th months. Gradually increase and at 12 months old, he can easily eat half a fruit.



Perfect fruit. Fleshy. Small seed. Right ripeness

Small size fruit. 
It's different from those we often found in
the big hypermarket. It has rough skin.

Love this pigeon brand dish bowl. 
Scope a small piece of avocado, mash and feed directly. 
Just that easy.

 Look at how Baby J enjoyed his food!

It's alright to be messy!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment