Pages

Friday 4 October 2013

Baby Food : Baby Porridge

I admit. I’m one of the type mothers who are trying to provide better food selection for my little boy. Not because i am pampering my boy but i do believe in proper nutrition. Nowadays not only our environment but our food is badly contaminated. Day in day out we are munching chemicals/artificial food into our stomach. We may not see it the impact now.

It's my baby crucial year building his immune system, so i opted to provide better food selection for him. Does this mean by doing so baby J will be sickness free or different from others. Humbly the answer is NO.
It's just my choice and preference.

Do i buy all organic food for him. My answer is NO too.  Just anything i feel safe. He is still allowed to have other food apart from my personal preparation and I'm fine with it as long as it's proper baby food. (meaning not char koay teow, wan tan mee, ice cream, sausages etc.. hahaha.. he still gets to enjoy all these from mother's milk   >.<)

This is the baby porridge I have been preparing over the weekends.

Ingredients:
Anchovies (Ikan Bilis)
Millet
Quinoa
Baby Rice
Carrot

Method:
1. To reduce the saltiness of ikan bilis, I prewashed ikan bilis & oven dry it. Keep a tub of baked ikan  bilis in the fridge.
2. Soak millet, quinoa & baby rice for few hours prior cooking.
3. Ratio.     2:2:1   Millet  : Quinoa  : Baby Rice
4. Put a small amount of ikan bilis into a soap pocket. To reduce to messiness of picking the ikan bilis from the porridge prior feeding.
5. Add in ikan bilis into the pot. Grate in carrot and boil for 30 min.
6. For softer texture, boil longer.
7. Remove the pocket of ikan bilis. Serve.

Mixture of Millet , Quinoa , Baby Rice - presoaked



Why do I choose millet & quinoa? You can find out more here.
I use this as the base porridge. I will add in other ingredients like puree to get a different flavor of the day.
When I’m lazy. I will just feed baby J this basic porridge. 
Very yummilicious baby porridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment