Pages

Saturday 5 October 2013

Baby Food : Beetroot Puree

The reason why I am sharing this is because I know sometimes beetroot may not be easily/successfully introduced to their little one. 

Here’s my sharing and I hope it will be helpful to anyone who is keen to introduce beetroot. 

Few pointers:
· Beet must be feed in small quantity. Too much beet may not be good. (Lazy to explain. PM me if you really want to know)
· Offer 1-2 times a week. Not daily.
· Small size beet a better choice than big size beet.  
   (Like a medium size apple)
· Do not slice & boil with your porridge

Preparation:
1. Scrub clean the beet. Do not remove the skin.
2. Boil the beet for 40 min. ( must be thoroughly cook to remove the earthy smell)
3. Remove the beet and put it into cold water for 5 min.
4. Remove the beet skin.
5. Cube the beet.
6. Blend it with blender until you reach fine texture.

For an apple size beet, you can split the blended beet to 3-4 portions.
Add one portion into your cooked porridge. (3/4 – 1 tbsp). Serve.

Rest you can keep it chill for next feeding or freeze it to be used within 1-2 weeks time.
So far I did not feed pure beetroot puree to my boy. 
I just add it into porridge. It tastes wonderful & sweet. 

Happy trying


Keep the texture fine if little one is not
ready to bite. To prevent choking.

 Added 2 teaspoons of beet puree into the porridge
Beautiful red 

Baby J finished the serving!


No comments:

Post a Comment