Pages

Thursday 26 September 2013

Sensory Play : From the kitchen @ 10 months old


I started tailing homeschool blogs few months ago. 
It all started with the idea of right brain. 
I need to acknowledge I was overwhelmed 
with too much information. 
The only way to really understand and decide what I want to do, 
I can only continue to read and read and read. 
I will share more along the way. 

NOW, I got the ideas of intentional play 
thru mummies blog & pinterest. 
Since my boy was at his curious & active stage, 
I introduced sensory play.


I kept all his usual toys.  
Put up this basket, filled it with kitchen tools. 
Just so simple!

Baby J was really excited. 
He started exploring the basket. 
Touch and feel them individually.




For him, everything was tasty. 
He tasted a few of them by licking, biting… 
I just need to make sure everything is clean



He also loves to bang. 
I recycled the cereal can and it was perfect for him. 
I put a smaller item in it and he shake nonstop. 



Same goes to the recycled milk storage bottle. 
I sealed it with some mung beans in it.  
He was making music with shaker!



He also picked things that he knew can produce 
loud sound when he threw it on the floor.
Mummy tried to introduce some words along 
the play : hard , soft, colors, name of the object etc.

I’m not expecting him to understand 
Just play
We kept this basket for 2 weeks play



This basket was played under close supervision. 
I am not comfortable to leave him alone as certain items 
could be dangerous for a little baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment