Pages

Sunday 10 November 2013

Holiday : Penang Butterfly Farm

I have been trying to catch up on my blog and i'm still struggling. Look at my last post was a month ago.  I have so much to note for  my boy. When it comes to the time updating this blog.. i lost most of important elements.. sigh sigh..

Yea... many events took placed the moment i'm writing this. I was too busy with the rest.. hahaha.. like baking, shopping online (for my boy of course), tot school, watching TVB series....  Promise to catch up real soon.

Alright! Back to this topic..  hub was not a big fan of any local places of interest. Ever since the birth of Baby J, i can see his eagerness to bring his darling boy yea, not darling wife for a short getaway during short public holiday. Public holidays used to be our rest day at home to avoid traffic!
I wasn't too keen considering the amount of preparation bringing a baby out whole day and yet i do not have the heart to reject. I believe there were more pros than cons so i just got it going.

We started the journey rather early after Baby J had his breakfast. Since we will be out whole day, i have to pack his lunch and his ebm too. I just need to latch him after lunch and that would release me of bringing the pumps out.

I was hoping to try out at a recommended eating place (see.. i forgot the name already.. hahah.. will update if i ever recall) for English breakfast. Unfortunately it was too packed. In order not to waste time, we headed to the nearest local market in Tanjung Bungah for hawker food.

We reached Penang Butterfly Farm at about 10:45 am. I bottle feed ebm Baby J before we go into the farm. Hub got the tickets. As usual, you will get a discounted price with MyKad. Info here. It was free for Baby J.



This was like my.... f i r s t ???  visit to this farm?? I'm not a big fan with the fact being a Cameron girl who visited such farm when i was small. To my quite surprise, the number of butterflies in this farm was much better than in Cameron. I'm not sure if it was the size of the farm. This farm is quite small in comparison to what we have in Cameron. Therefore, you really get to enjoy butterflies flying around you.

We walked around and was busy taking photographs. I love to believe Baby J would understand and enjoyed looking at the butterflies. We just explained as much we can and my little boy seems to understand. He was looking around and made no fuss in the whole experience.



We spent approximately 40-45 min at butterfly farm before adjourning to a reserve near by.  It was Teluk Bahang Recreational Forest. It was quite quiet. I was really watching out and my senses were on high alert. We managed to walk up a little. Surprisingly this was actually quite a nice place to getaway over the weekend. The air was fresh and the forest feel was so natural. They hav places where visitors can do picnic and swim. Water quite clear.

Since we are not into the swimming part, we just stop at one area, took out my boy's lunch and let him enjoy his lunch in this natural place. Yea.. i called it little picnic for my little boy.. haha!!


We left after Baby J finished his lunch. I have not been to Hard Rock Penang so far, yea i know how pathetic i was, so i insisted to check out the hotel since i saw some posting on their children's water park. We will be back one day when Baby J enjoys water play.

It was lunch time and we were searching for some decent lunch. Finally landed in Strait Quay, Tanjong Tokong for lunch. Lunch was good. We walked around Strait Quay after lunch before landing in Paragon shopping mall. Wrong time to visit Paragon where traffic was bad. It was so packed and we were too tired by that time.We just quickly ran down to their groceries to grab some stuff, quick patrolled over the shops and left real soon. 

 


On the way home, we just dropped by at the Batu Lanchang wet market to grab some fruits/meat for Baby J. By the time we reach home, i think it was about 4-5 pm.

Truly exhausted but it was a happy & wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment